Musselman/Vesta Iron Furnace Center
The Musselman Vesta Office Building was part of the Musselman Vesta Iron Furnace in Marietta, Pa. The furnace was one of eight furnaces that burned anthracite coal needed to produce 'pig iron.' The furnace was established in 1868 by Henry Musselman and Henry Watts. The furnace was in operation until the early 1930's. The office building is the last remaining structure of the furnace. Since 2003, the office building has been restored by Rivertownes PA USA. The building is now serves as an educational center. The history of the Lancaster County, PA iron industry is related to school students, community groups and interested individuals.